Service Fee FAQ
G1VE.org (“G1VE”) offers an easy and rewarding way for Businesses to support Charities and reach new customers. We have prepared this Service Fee FAQ to explain how G1VE transactions work. Please contact us at info@G1VE.org if you have any questions. We’d love to hear from you!
Monthly Donation Amounts, Minimums, Service Fees, and Cancellation:
- Monthly Donation Amount: Businesses choose to donate a percentage of their monthly sales revenue each month to the Charities they’ve selected on the G1VE Platform. Participating Businesses authorize G1VE to access their data in their QuickBooks Online environment (e.g., data such as the Monthly Revenue Amount, etc.), which is used to calculate their donation amount on a monthly basis (“Monthly Donation Amount”), which is then collected from the Business via their selected payment information (i.e., credit/debit card, ACH) provided in the Business’s User Account.
- Minimums: Since the Business’s revenue will likely vary each month, their Monthly Donation Amount will vary each month as well. A minimum Monthly Donation Amount of $25.00 will be collected each month (total, not per Charity).
- Timing: On or around the 15th of each month, G1VE will calculate the participating Business’s Monthly Donation Amount based on the Business’s revenue for the previous month (from the 1st of the prior month through the last day of that same month), multiplied by the Business’s selected Pledge Percent (e.g., 1.0 %, 0.5%, 1.5%, etc.). A Business may modify its Pledge Percent at any time by updating its Pledge Percent in its User Account.
- Timing: On or around the 17th of each month, G1VE will charge the Business’s selected payment method (i.e., credit/debit card, ACH) in its User Account for the Monthly Donation Amount.
- Notification: G1VE will notify the participating Business each month of its Monthly Donation Amount, which will be processed within approximately 2 business days of the notice. G1VE will also notify the participating Business after its Monthly Donation Amount has been collected. A Business may opt-out of receiving either of these notifications in its User Account.
- Service Fees: From the Business’s Monthly Donation Amount, G1VE’s payment processor will deduct their credit card processing fees, equal to 2.9% + $0.30 on each transaction.
- Service Fees: G1VE will then deduct its Service Fee, equal to 3.0% ($9.99 minimum) of the Monthly Donation Amount.
- Cancellation: G1VE is a recurring monthly service, but there is no commitment term (e.g., so month-to-month; any Business can cancel at any time).
Here are a couple of hypothetical transactions of how the G1VE Service Fee is calculated:
- If the Monthly Donation Amount is $1,000.00, G1VE’s payment processor (e.g., Stripe) will keep $29.30 (e.g., the payment processor’s processing fee) and G1VE will keep $30.00 (e.g., the Service Fee). The remaining balance, $940.70, will be distributed to the Business’s selected Charities on file in the Business’s User Account.
- If the Monthly Donation Amount is $325.00, G1VE’s payment processor will keep $9.73 and G1VE will keep $9.99 (its minimum). The remaining balance, $305.28, will be distributed to the Business’s selected Charities on file in the Business’s User Account.
Please contact us at info@G1VE.org if you have any questions. We’d love to hear from you!