- Collection of Personal Information. Personal information refers to information that is connected to Your name and may include things such as Your email address, mailing address, date of birth, and financial, credit card, or transaction information.
G1VE collects personal information when Users voluntarily submit it to us. For example, we may collect or receive information from You when You create a User Account, edit Your Registration Information, make a donation through the Platform, use or access a Service or Content available through the Platform, or otherwise interact with us or other Users of the Platform.
In addition to personal information that we may receive from You, G1VE may collect other information from Users using the following technologies:
- Cookies. “Cookies” are small bits of information that the Platform places on the hard drive of Your computer. Cookies remember information about Your activities on the Platform to make Your visits to the Platform more enjoyable and valuable to You by providing a customized experience and recognizing Your preferences when You visit the Platform. If You’ve chosen to disable cookies on Your browser, some of the functionality of the Platform may be lost. Certain Services provided by G1VE, require that cookies be enabled in Your browser and cannot be used when You have disabled cookies in Your browser.
- Flash Cookies. (also called Local Shared Objects or “LSOs”). Flash cookies are data files similar to cookies, except that they can store more complex data. Flash cookies are used to remember settings, preferences, and usage, particularly for video, interactive gaming, and other similar services.
- Web beacons or clear pixels. Web beacons are small graphic images on a web page or in an email that can be used for such things as recording the pages and advertisements that You select, or tracking the performance of email marketing campaigns.
- Web server logs. Web server logs are records of activity created by the computer that delivers the webpages You request to Your browser. For example, a web server log may record the search term You entered or the link You clicked to bring You to the webpage. The web server log also may record information about Your browser, such as Your IP address and the cookies set on Your browser by the server.
- Social Networking Sites. If You log into Your User Account through sign-in services (g., Facebook Connect), You provide G1VE with permission to access certain information about You from that social networking site, such as Your Facebook User ID, user profile, friends list, and profile picture.
G1VE participates in behavioral-based advertising. This means that a third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about Your use of the Platform so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to Your interest. That advertising may appear either on the Platform, or on other web sites.
Users may invite other Users to join the Platform by providing their contact information or selecting friends from a social networking site. Users may also provide information about other Users of the Platform, such as reviews of services or products that a User received from another User.
- USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. G1VE’s primary purpose in collecting personal information is to facilitate the Services that you request on the Platform. G1VE may also use personal information for various purposes, including without limitation to:
- To help diagnose problems with our Platform, to administer our Platform, and to enhance the Platform for optimal User experience.
- To monitor the usage and performance of our Platform, and to determine aggregate information about our Users.
- To send Users materials, updates, information and special offers from us and promotional material from other Users of the Platform.
- To facilitate the processing of donations and transactions between Users and to send receipts.
- To provide maintenance, support, and customer service for the Platform.
- To contact Users for information verification purposes and to administer User Accounts.
- Sharing of Personal Information.
Any Charity you make a contribution to through the Platform may have access to Your personal information used to identify You as the donor. Charities will not have any access to financial, credit card, or transaction information, passwords, and purchase data. You consent to the foregoing and agree that we are not responsible for how these Charities handle Your personal information.
There may also be instances when G1VE may disclose Your personal information without providing You with a choice in order to protect the legal rights of G1VE, other affiliated companies or their employees, agents, and contractors; to honor a request that You have made through the Platform; to protect the safety and security of other Users; to protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; or to comply with the Law or legal process (e.g., to protect You and other Users against identity theft). In addition, if G1VE sells all or part of its business or makes a sale or transfer of assets or is otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, G1VE may transfer Your Personal Information to a third party as part of that transaction.
The Platform may offer You the ability to share Your personal information through a social networking site (e.g., Facebook, Twitter), using such site’s integrated tools (e.g., Facebook “Like” button, or Twitter “Tweet” button). The use of such integrated tools enables You to share personal information about Yourself with other individuals or the public, depending on the settings that You have established with such social networking site. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and use in connection with such social networking site or a site’s integrated tools, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these social networking sites.
- Chat features and Messaging. G1VE may offer chat rooms and messaging boards. Please note that information that You choose to disclose in these public channels becomes public. Use caution in disclosing any personal information. The Platform may also allow You to chat with or exchange messages with other Users. We may store these messages in order to deliver them and allow You to manage them.
- Access & Choice. G1VE has implemented the following procedure that You may use to access, correct, or delete Your personal information, or choose how Your information is used:
- If You would like to know the types of information that G1VE collects from Users to its Platform, please email or write G1VE at the addresses listed below under the Section titled “Communication.”
- If You would like to know whether G1VE has collected personal information about You please send us the activities and services that You participated in on the Platform that requested personal information. After reviewing the relevant databases, G1VE will confirm whether G1VE has collected such information about You and provide a list of Your personal information that we have on file.
- If Your personal information is incorrect, You may correct the personal information by sending a written request for correction to G1VE’s Privacy Officer at the address below. Your request must include (a) all of the incorrect personal information that You wish to change, (b) the corrected personal information, and (c) Your signature authorizing such changes. G1VE will then correct the Personal Information in our database and send a written confirmation to You.
- If You wish to stop receiving email marketing communications from G1VE, please update Your preferences in User Account or contact us at the address listed. If You opt out, we may still send You non-promotional communications, such as those about Your User Account or to fulfill ongoing business transactions, such as to facilitate donations.
- Some web browsers and devices permit You to broadcast a preference that You not be “tracked” online. At this time G1VE does not modify Your experience based upon whether such a signal is broadcast.
- NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS. Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents who have an established business relationship with G1VE are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal customer information we share with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. This notice will identify the categories of information shared with and will include a list of the third parties with which it is shared, along with their names and addresses. If You are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to us at the addresses listed below.
G1VE, a Public Benefit Corporation
Attn: G1VE Privacy Officer
201 Milwaukee St., Suite 200
Denver, CO 80206
If G1VE needs, or is required, to contact You concerning any event that involves information about You, we may do so by email, telephone, or mail.
Effective as of January 1, 2018